45 Module Large /Heavy Cast Girth Ring Gear for Kiln
Casting & forging ability
CITICHL is the casting & forging center in central-south China, possessing 50t electric arc furnace, 60t LF ladle refining furnace, and 60t VD/VOD refining furnace, etc. We can pour 350t liquid steel 1 time and yields more than 200,000t of high quality liquid steel and can produce the high quality steel of more than 260 steel grades such as carbon steel, structural alloy steel and the structural steel, refractory steel and stainless steel of special requirement. The maximum weight of casting, gray casting, graphite cast iron and non-ferrous casting is 200t, 30t, 20t and 205t separately.
The company is the forging center in central-south China. It is very powerful in forging. The single free forging is 100t(max weight). We can roll rings of different sections of carbon steel, alloy steel, high temperature alloy and non-ferrous alloys such as copper alloy, aluminum alloy and titanium alloy. The maximum diameter is 5.5m and single piece of the forging weighs 10t. We have 8400t, 3150t, 1600t, water press and RAW 200/160-5000/750 large-size ring mill of high precision in Asia made in WAGNER, Germany.
Heat treatment ability
The company is the heat treatment base in national machinery trade in central and south China, possessing Φ3×1.6m carburizing furnace, Φ2.3×17m,Φ2.3×9.5m shaft furnace, 8.5×13m,5×15m,6×14.5m,4.5×18m automatic controlled car type heat treatment CHINAMFG group. We can supply the quenched and tempered part over 45t, the carburizedand quenched gear and pinion below 20t, shaft≤5.7m in length and the induced girth ring diameter≤5m
Our girth gears Features
Module Range: 10 Module to 70 Module.
Diameter : Min 800mm to16000 mm.
Weight : Max 120 MT single piece.
Three different designs: Fabricated steel – forged ring – rolled plate
Standards/Certificates :• CHINAMFG EN ISO • AWS • ASTM • ASME • DIN
Girth gear cutting machines
Φ16m CNC hobbing Machine
Φ12m Gear cutting machine (Switzerland)
Φ10m hobbing machine (Germany)
Φ4m CNC high speed hobbing machine (Germany)
Φ1.6m Horizontal CNC hobbing machine (Germany)
Φ5m CNC profile gear grinding machine (Germany)
Φ2.8m CNC Profile gear grinding machine (Germany)
Φ1.25m CNC Profile gear grinding machine (Germany)
Φ1m CNC Profile gear grinding machine (Germany)
Specifications of Gear :
|3||Material||Cast Alloy Steel, Cast Carbon Steel, Forged Alloy Steel, Forged Carbon Steel|
|4||Structure From||Integrated, Half to Half, Four Pieces and More Pieces|
|5||Heat Treatment||Quenching & Tempering, Normalizing & Tempering, Carburizing & Quenching & Tempering|
|6||Tooth Form||Annular Gear, Outer Gear Ring|
|7||Standard||ISO, EN, DIN, AISI, ASTM, JIS, IS, GB|
Inspection and Test Outline of Girth Gear:
|No.||Item||Inspection Area||Acceptance Criteria||Inspection Stage||Certificates|
|Sample||Material Requirement||When Smelting
After Heat Treatment
|Sample(Test Bar on the Gear Body)||Technical Requirement||After Heat Treatment||Mechanical Properties
|Whole Body||Manufacturing Standard||During Heat Treatment||Heat Treatment Report
Curves of Heat
|Tooth Surface, 3 Points Per 90°||Technical Requirement||After Heat Treatment||Hardness Teat Report|
|After Semi Finish
|Whole Body||Drawing||After Semi Finish
|6||Magnetic Power Test (MT)||Tooth Surface||Agreed Standard||After Finish Gear
|7||UT||Spokes Parts||Agreed Standard||After Rough Machining||UT Report|
|After Semi Finish
|8||PT||Defect Area||No Defect Indicated||After Digging
|9||Mark Inspection||Whole Body||Manufacturing Standard||Final Inspection||Pictures|
|Whole Body||CIC’s Requirement||Before Packing
|Whole Body||Agreed Anti-rust Agent||Before Packing||Pictures|
|Whole Body||Agreed Packing Form||During Packing||Pictures|
Facilities For Manufacturing Gear ring:
|1||Smelting & Casting Capability||
40t ,50t, 80t Series AC Electric Arc Furnace
2×150t, 60t LF Ladle Refining Furnace
150t, 60t Series VD/VOD Furnace
20×18m Large Pouring Facility
We can pour 900t refining liquid steel one time, and achieve vacuum poured 600t steel ingots.
We can produce the high quality steel of more than 260 steel grades as carbon steel,structural alloy steel and the structural steel, refractory steel and stainless steel of special requirement. The maximum weight of casting steel, gray casting, graphite cast iron and non-ferrous casting is 600t, 200t, 150t and 20t separately.
The only one in the word, the most technologically advanced and the largest specification18500t Oil Press, equipped with 750t.m forging operation machine
8400t Water Press
3150t Water Press
1600t Water Press
Φ5m High Precision Ring Mill ( WAGNER,Germany)
Φ12m High Precision Ring Mill
We can roll rings of different sections of carbon steel, alloy steel, high temperature alloy steel and non-ferrous alloys such as copper alloy, aluminum alloy and titanium alloy. Max. Diameter of rolled ring will be 12m.
|3||Heat Treatment Capability||9×9×15m,8×8×12m,6×6×15m,15×16×6.5m,16×20×6m ,7×7×17m Series Heat Furnace and Heat Treatment Furnaces
φ2.0×30m,φ3.0×5.0m Series Heat Treatment Furnaces
φ5.0×2.5m,φ3.2×1.5m,φ3.0×5.0m,φ2.0×5m Series Carburizing Furnaces & Nitriding Furnaces & Quenching Bathes
φ2.0×30m Well Type CNC Electrical Furnaces
Φ3.0×5.0M Horizontal Gas Temperature-differential Furnace
Double-frequency and Double-position Quenching Lathe of Pinion Shaft
|4||Machining Capability||1. ≥5m CNC Heavy Duty Vertical Lathes
12m CNC Double-column Vertical Lathe
10m CNC Double-column Vertical Lathe
10m CNC Single-column Vertical Lathe
6.3m Heavy Duty Vertical Lathe
5m CNC Heavy Duty Vertical Lathe
|2. ≥5m Vertical Gear Hobbing Machines
15m CNC Vertical Gear Hobbing Machine
10m Gear Hobbing Machine
8m Gear Hobbing Machine
5m Gear Hobbing Machine
3m Gear Hobbing Machining
|3. Imported High-precision Gear Grinding Machines
0.8m~3.5m CNC Molding Gear Grinding Machines
|4. Large Boring & Milling Machines
220 CNC Floor-mounted Boring & Milling Machine
200 CNC Floor-mounted Boring & Milling Machine
160 CNC Floor-mounted Boring & Milling Machine
Q: How about the quality of your products?
A: Our machines are manufactured strictly according to national and international standards, and we take a test on each equipment before delivery.
Q: How about the price?
A: We are manufactory, and we can give you lower price than those trade companies. Besides, customers from Made in China can get a discount.
Q: Do you provide after-sale service?
A: Yes. The warranty period of our machines is 1 year, and we have a professional after-sale team to promptly and thoroughly solve your problems.
Q: Do you provide equipment operation training?
A: Yes. We can send professional engineers to the working site for equipment installation, adjustment, and operation training. All of our engineers have passports.
|Application:||Motor, Electric Cars, Motorcycle, Machinery, Marine, Toy, Agricultural Machinery, Car|
|Gear Position:||External Gear|
|Manufacturing Method:||Cast Gear|
|Toothed Portion Shape:||Spur Gear|
How do you install a ring gear system?
Installing a ring gear system requires careful attention to ensure proper alignment, engagement, and secure attachment. Here’s a detailed explanation of the installation process:
- Prepare the Components: Gather all the necessary components for the ring gear system installation, including the ring gear, driving gear, and any other associated gears or components.
- Clean the Surfaces: Thoroughly clean the mounting surfaces of the gears and the mating components to remove any dirt, debris, or old lubricant. Clean surfaces will ensure better engagement and prevent contamination of the gear system.
- Inspect the Gears: Carefully inspect the ring gear and other gears for any signs of damage, wear, or misalignment. Check the teeth for any chips, cracks, or irregularities that may affect the performance of the gear system. Replace any damaged or worn gears before proceeding with the installation.
- Ensure Proper Alignment: Align the ring gear and the driving gear in the desired configuration. The alignment depends on the specific gear system and application requirements. Follow the manufacturer’s guidelines or engineering specifications to achieve the correct alignment.
- Establish Gear Engagement: Position the driving gear in close proximity to the ring gear and ensure proper engagement of the gear teeth. The teeth should mesh smoothly and evenly without any gaps or interference. Adjust the positioning of the gears if necessary to achieve optimal engagement.
- Secure Attachment: Once the gears are properly aligned and engaged, secure the ring gear in place. This may involve bolting or fastening the ring gear to a stationary component or housing. Follow the recommended torque specifications provided by the manufacturer to ensure proper tightening without overloading the gear system.
- Check Clearance and Backlash: Verify that there is adequate clearance between the gears and other nearby components to prevent interference during operation. Also, check the backlash, which is the slight gap between the meshing teeth, to ensure it falls within the recommended range. Adjust the gear positioning if clearance or backlash is outside the acceptable limits.
- Apply Lubrication: Apply the appropriate lubricant to the gear teeth and the mating surfaces to reduce friction and wear. Refer to the manufacturer’s recommendations for the type and amount of lubricant to use. Proper lubrication is crucial for smooth gear operation and longevity.
- Perform Function and Safety Tests: After the installation, perform function tests to ensure the gear system operates smoothly and without any abnormal noise or vibration. Additionally, check for any safety considerations, such as the presence of appropriate guards or protective covers if required for the specific application.
It’s important to note that the installation process may vary depending on the specific gear system, machinery, and manufacturer’s guidelines. Always refer to the provided instructions and consult with experts or professionals if needed to ensure a proper and accurate installation of the ring gear system.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of using ring gears?
Using ring gears in various applications offers several advantages and disadvantages. Here’s a detailed explanation of the advantages and disadvantages of using ring gears:
Advantages of Using Ring Gears:
- Efficient Power Transmission: Ring gears provide efficient power transmission by transmitting rotational energy and torque between components. They enable smooth and reliable transfer of power, resulting in efficient operation of the system.
- High Torque Capacity: Ring gears are designed to handle high torque loads. Their robust construction and large contact area between gear teeth allow for the transmission of substantial amounts of torque, making them suitable for applications that require high torque capacity.
- Compact Design: Ring gears have a compact design compared to other gear types, such as spur gears or helical gears. This compactness allows for space-saving installations, making ring gears suitable for applications with limited space or tight packaging requirements.
- Load Distribution: Ring gears distribute loads evenly across the gear system, preventing localized overloading and reducing the risk of premature component failure. They help ensure balanced operation and optimal load sharing among gears, resulting in improved system reliability.
- Versatility: Ring gears are versatile and can be used in a wide range of applications across various industries. They are found in automotive transmissions, industrial gearboxes, wind turbines, robotics, printing presses, and many other machinery and equipment types.
- Smooth and Quiet Operation: Well-designed ring gears with proper tooth profiles and tight tolerances can provide smooth and quiet operation. They minimize noise and vibrations, enhancing the overall user experience and reducing the need for additional noise reduction measures.
Disadvantages of Using Ring Gears:
- Complex Manufacturing: The manufacturing process for ring gears can be more complex compared to simpler gear types. The intricate geometry and tooth profiles of ring gears require precise machining and specialized manufacturing techniques, which may increase production costs.
- Higher Friction and Wear: Ring gears can generate higher levels of friction compared to other gear types. The sliding motion of the gear teeth during engagement can result in increased wear and heat generation. Proper lubrication and maintenance are necessary to minimize friction and ensure long-term durability.
- Backlash: Ring gears may exhibit a certain amount of backlash, which is the play or clearance between gear teeth when they change direction. Backlash can impact the accuracy and precision of the gear system, especially in applications that require high positioning or synchronization requirements. Minimizing backlash requires careful design and precise manufacturing.
- Complex Gear Meshing: Ring gears require proper gear meshing with other gears to ensure efficient power transmission. Achieving optimal gear meshing can be more challenging due to the curved profile of the ring gear. It requires careful design considerations and precise alignment to ensure smooth and reliable operation.
- Cost: Ring gears can be more expensive than simpler gear types due to their complex manufacturing process and specialized design requirements. The higher cost may be a consideration in applications with strict budget constraints or where alternative gear types can fulfill the required functionality.
It’s important to consider the specific requirements and constraints of the application when deciding whether to use ring gears. While they offer advantages such as efficient power transmission, high torque capacity, and compact design, they also have disadvantages related to manufacturing complexity, friction, backlash, and cost. Proper engineering analysis and evaluation can help determine the suitability of ring gears for a given application.
How do ring gears differ from other types of gears?
Ring gears, also known as annular gears or internal gears, possess distinct characteristics that set them apart from other types of gears. Here’s a detailed explanation of how ring gears differ from other gears:
1. Tooth Configuration: The most significant difference between ring gears and other gears is their tooth configuration. In a ring gear, the teeth are located on the inside circumference of a circular ring, whereas in other gears such as spur gears, helical gears, and bevel gears, the teeth are present on the outer surface of the gear. This internal tooth arrangement makes ring gears unique and allows them to mesh with pinion gears or other external gears.
2. Gear Assembly: The assembly of ring gears differs from other gears. In most cases, ring gears are used in combination with pinion gears or other external gears. The pinion gear meshes with the teeth on the inside of the ring gear. This gear set configuration enables the transmission of rotational motion and torque.
3. Load Distribution: Ring gears distribute the load over a larger area compared to other types of gears. The load is spread across the internal teeth of the ring gear, resulting in improved load-carrying capacity and enhanced gear durability. This load distribution characteristic makes ring gears suitable for applications that involve high loads or continuous operation.
4. Gear Ratio: Ring gears offer specific advantages in terms of gear ratios. They are commonly used in applications where high gear ratios are required. The gear ratio is determined by the number of teeth on the ring gear compared to the number of teeth on the mating gear (such as a pinion gear). The internal tooth configuration of the ring gear allows for larger gear diameters, enabling higher gear ratios to be achieved.
5. Space Utilization: Ring gears provide a compact design compared to some other types of gears. The internal tooth arrangement allows for a more space-efficient gear assembly. This compactness is advantageous in applications where space is limited or where a high gear ratio needs to be achieved within a confined area.
6. Applications: Ring gears are commonly used in automotive transmissions, differential systems, planetary gear systems, industrial machinery, robotics, power generation equipment, and heavy machinery. Their unique characteristics make them suitable for applications that require precise motion control, load distribution, and high gear ratios.
It’s important to note that the specific design, tooth profile, material selection, and manufacturing techniques may vary for different types of gears, including ring gears. Each type of gear is designed to meet specific application requirements, operating conditions, and performance needs.
editor by CX 2023-11-17