Crane Duty Helical Gear Boxes
Satisfactory performance of the gearbox is dependent upon correct selection. Selecting a gear unit can be influenced by the course of duty of the crane which should be determined and specified. Single, Dual and Triple stage Horizontal gear devices type HA, HB and HC are recommended for Hoist and Long Travel drive. Three stage vertical equipment systems type VC are recommended for cross travel drives of the EOT crane. Assembly arrangement should be specified while buying the gear units.
1. Compute the required reduction ratio.
2. Determine the horsepower required for the prime mover.
3. Refer to the rating table, observe in the ratio column and based on input rpm examine the gear box ranking horizontally for various class of duty of the crane.
4. The size should be selected such that the ranked HP is equal or more compared to the consumed HP.
1. Select a unit to transmit 9 HP from 720 rpm electric motor for hoist drive in a class II duty crane, the decrease ratio required is 31.50.
· For hoist drive a two stage horizontal gearbox type HB will become suitable.
· See the ratio column and in the size HB-350, for insight rpm of 720 in class II duty the rated HP is 9.5
· Since the consumed HP is usually 9, the unit HB-350 will end up being suitable.
2. Select a unit to transmit 3 HP from 960 rpm electric engine for cross travel drive in a course IV duty crane, the decrease ratio required is 14.26.
· For cross travel drive, a vertical gearbox type VC will end up being suitable.
· Start to see the ratio column and in the size VC – 32Q, for input rpm of 960 in class IV duty the ranked HP is 3
Have a look at some essential, beneficial posts regarding crane duty helical gearbox.